Costa Rica's facts
Facts about Costa Rica to spark your curiosity about this wonderful country:
- More than 600 Species of plants
- 230 Species of animals
- 760 Species of birds
- More than 1300 Species of trees
- More than 800 Species of ferns
- More than 1000 Species of orchids
- 6% of the world’s Biodiversity
- 25.58% of the territory is protected
- Government: Presidential Democracy.
- Division: 7 provinces.
- Capital: San José.
- Population: 4.579.00.
- Official language: Spanish.
- Official religion: Catholic.
- Currency: Colón (¢).
- Electricity: 110 Volts.
- Dry season : Second half November – April (dry).
- Green season: May – First half November (rainy).